Those first signs of slipping memory can be a little alarming – especially if you know the dreariness of that route. You may first see it in your 40s, or even younger, with memory loss symptoms like slower facial recall or where you left your keys.
What groceries were you supposed to buy? Wait – you forgot your grocery list at home.
While it’s normal to forget things on occasion, it’s a pattern to watch. The makers of Brain Pill natural memory supplement believe it’s important to keep your brain active. Challenge your memory – just like a muscle, give your brain a good workout daily with these memory-boosting tips courtesy of Brain Pill:
- Use Your Memory Daily – Your brain needs a workout just like the rest of you. It’s a case of ‘use it or lose it’, so use your brain every day. Try crosswords, for example, or read a section of the newspaper you’d normally skip. You might also take a different route to work, for example, or learn another language or how to play a musical instrument.
- See Your Friends – You’re not an island, dude. Depression and stress can both lead to memory loss, which is why you’ll want to socialize often – especially if you live alone. Be with others and take them up on their invitations. Life gets better when you do.
- Organize Your Life! – You lose points with a cluttered home because you’re more likely to forget stuff. So make lists and notes of appointments and things to do in a special notebook or on your calendar. Heck, download an app on your iPod and write down what needs to get done. Speak it out loud too, to reinforce it in your memory, and check-off your tasks when completed.
While we’re on the subject, try to stay focused on the task at hand and limit distractions. You’re more likely to recall information if you concentrate specifically on that rather than multi-tasking. Put another way, focus on what you want to remember later and you’re in better shape to remember it quickly.
- Sleep Well – Shut-eye helps your memory. Most adults need seven to eight hours of sleep each night. So make time for adequate rest – go to bed earlier if you have to and work on your sleep hygiene. Your memory will thank you when you try to remember stuff the next day.
- Eat Healthy – Do you see a pattern here? Your memory likes healthy living. That extends to your diet, with plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Opt for low-fat protein, like fish and skinless poultry. Drink plenty of water too, and watch the alcohol intake.
- Exercise Daily – This boosts blood flow throughout your body. That includes your noggin. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity (like walking) each week, says the Department of Health and Human Services, or 75 minutes of something with greater intensity, like jogging, though even a few 10 minute brisk walks per day will suffice in a pinch.
- Stay in Touch With Your Doctor – Chronic conditions can affect your memory, to say nothing about the rest of your health. So follow your doctor’s recommendations, be it for depression, your kidneys or anything else in your medical history. Review your medications often with your doctor as well – some medications can reduce your memory.
Try Brain Pill ™
We can’t end an article on how to improve your memory without mention of Brain Pill ™ natural memory supplement. That’s because it’s simply rocket fuel for your brain; a cognitive booster with clinically proven nootropics like cognizine, vinpocetine and ginkgo biloba, which increase alertness and blood flow in your brain.
Studies also suggest the ingredients in BrainPill enhance and may even protect memory. They don’t call it ‘Your Unfair Advantage’ without good reason – better memory is linked to higher cognitive function. Your brain is more efficient with a sharp memory, which gives you better intelligence, and the financial and social rewards that go with them.
Read more about Brain Pill™: What is Brain Pill?
Try Brain Pill to improve your memory. Combine it with the memory-boosting tips we’ve discussed in this article, and you really do have an unfair advantage. Your memory will like it too, and you may finally have a solution to that pain-in-the-butt issue of where you left your keys!